Vast plains of snow and ice, with little in the way of life.
Captain Syrian

[Day 9 - MA] One Last Thing

Post by Captain Syrian »

It had taken hours before the pirate decided that dying in the wastes was for the ice lizard-birds, he activated the beacon and waited to see if anyone would come. He reclined inside the pod and drank cheap from the bottle.

Might as well be drunk if things were going down hill.

OOC: There is a blizzard ongoing so being Hoth proofed is helpful. Need a Computers check at Average with a setback due to the weather.
Pirate King | Brilliant Tactician | White Maw | Naval Commander | Chiss

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Re: [Day 9 - MA] One Last Thing

Post by Nudimsu »

There was a beacon out there of unknown origins, and with the evac only hours away, getting everyone back to the base was a key priority. So the Turtle was out making pickups and stragglers of those who are left behind. "Got another signal. Hacha, can you clear it up."

Could be another trap, of course; bitterness did often lead to irrational decisions, and the pirates were quite bitter.
Last edited by Nudimsu on Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Syrian was perhaps going to find out if there was a particular fate he would rate close to death

One Last Thing- Find Syrian -Computers Average with setback: 2eP+4eA+2eD+1eS 4 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"I've found something guys."

The Turtle rumbles across the sky
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Durasay sat in the copilots chair, keeping an eye on the scanner. "Can't risk leaving anyone behind." He nodded, looking to the rest of the crew.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Well I've got the position. Time for evac" Hacha guides the team to the distress beacon.
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Through the storm the life pod comes into view, it's neither Imperial or Republic.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

The Turtle was followed by the Bitch, whose crew also had business with the yours truly blue.

MA9. Computers.: 1eP+4eA+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Darth Bellious on Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

With Pipka taking care of some personal business, Garth had re-established his association with the Turtle crew and had his hands tucked behind his head as he spun in his seat.

"Needs more cushionin'." He mumbled over the comms. "Dunno how th' li'l fella manages."
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Garth Thul wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:04 pm
~~Snip~~
"Got a visual on the target. May not be friendly, but looks to be unarmed." He turned to Garth. "Not thanked you properly for taking care of my ship awhile back, Garth. Don't worry, I know where to send the bill." He began to flip on the comms.

"Bitch, keep your eyes open. We don't know if this is a setup."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"Copy." It was the only answer in the droning, nasal voice of Razzya.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The pod does not attack, but the storm makes the outdoors treacherous.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Suppose we make this a quick grab and dash. We can have a friendly chat with them afterwards." He looks to Durasay to confirm this intention.

"Anyone with the proper gear, come out and take point. Garth, after we land, take the pilot seat. Don't know when this storm is going to hit us hard, and rather not be caught in it when it happens; just keep the engine running."

Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

"I'm on it." Durasay was already putting on the helmet to his armor, the thermal heating system already regulating to the temperature. He stood, making his way down the hall to the gangway.

"Ready whenever you are."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
"All journeys end..."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Nudimsu landed the ship as best he could in the situation and looked around once more before putting his helmet on and sealing it, the suit fully starting to warm up as he did so. He ensured both his blaster rifles were within reach, especially the one he kept hidden on his suit.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth pulls his cloak around his neck. He wasn't heading out in the storm, but was ready for when the exploratory team disembarked.

"If a repair bill's all th' badness that comes outta this coupla months, ah'll be more'n grateful t' take care of it." He jokes with Nudi. They'd probably never be friends, but they had enough in common that they were associates.
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Nudimsu nodded at him and departed into the cold.

He may give Garth a hard time, but he was the only other person he trusted to be behind that cockpit.

Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

The pod was sealed shut to protect from the cold. But there was an open line to the inside and a voice came out, "Well this is a rather interesting outcome, I only have enough wine for myself."

"Go get your own."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

There was a long stare at the pod before Nudimsu sighed and spoke. "Well then, far be it from me to interrupt, but we have plenty on board the ship."

He was...pretty sure he recognized that Imperial voice.

Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

"I am sure you do, but it has a troubling attachment to meddlesome fools that I find detestable," the voice replied.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Bit to ch'atcasn'icezi." He motions around him to the pending storm.

He sighed and looked to Durasay. "Oh, I think you're missing out on a golden opportunity to catch up with a old friend here: Durasay Mixo." He puts his shoulder on Durasay, giving him the chance to speak. "Will it make it any better to say that you have my assurances that you will not be harmed?" He didn't actually know if he would not be harmed, of course. Durasay may take a swing at him, of course; they had some history.

He wasn't going to be the one to do it, at least.

~~
Translation: Beats the alternative.

Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Durasay looked at the Pirate King. It had been a long time.

A long time. Granted in their history, they hadn't met face to face. Always over comms, the taunting. Always the crew, but never the captain caught. Yet Durasay was always the thorn in that side whenever they came through Pantoran space, years ago.

He was very good at his job then.

"Good afternoon. After all this time, we finally meet face to face." He replied, and then offered a hand. "I'm willing to let the past die, in exchange for you not dying here in the cold." His head tilted slightly, the movement exaggerated by the helmet.
"All journeys end..."
Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

“You’re taller than I expected,” he said looking at the hand. “I feel that there is some punchline waiting for me at the end of this, but honestly the rum is running dry and despite my growing bravado, I don’t have the heart to check out via, self-induced brain trauma.”

He finally accepted the hand and said, “Hated foe to fortuitous rescuer.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Durasay pulled the captain to his feet. There were no binders in his hands, nothing to rob the man of his freedom. Pirate Captains don't end up in snowbanks alone of their own volition.

"I've been on both sides of the equation now. No jokes, no punchlines, no moralizing. It's colder than the lakes on Orto Plutonia out here. "Welcome aboard."
"All journeys end..."
Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

"You're a right good bastard, Durasay, right good," he said following the Pantoran.

OOC: Captain Syrian joins the party.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Been a while since I had another Chiss on board." Nudimsu nodded at the two. "Though I will only mention once I did give you the chance to avoid all this."

A momentary pause as his eyes stared at the two. "Okay, now the past is dead." He was totally not smirking underneath his helmet.