Large hangar for space and land based vehicles, plus basic maintenance equipment.
Dapper Dog

[Day 6 - MM] The Once and Future Dark Lord

Post by Dapper Dog »

Rumors around the base is that the Empire sent reinforcements that broke through the blockade. Which has everyone a bit excited, the Republic are nervous that the balance of power may be tipping and are looking at options and the Empire is excited because they might get off this frozen rock.

Most think it is rumors until a freighter bearing an Imperial identifier code makes itself known to Echo Base. Bearing the name Infinite Destiny it has asked for permission to land.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Sylvain Torsin

Re: [Day 6 - MM] The Once and Future Dark Lord

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain had only barely arrived in the hangar from the Endless Sea when news of an Imperial freighter’s arrival buzzed around the hangar.

Blistered and exhausted he stepped from his ship with his daughter in tow to see what all the commotion was about… and what this meant was happening in this new vision-world presented to him…
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen watched them come in, offering a wave as he waited to see who else was coming. They were running out of room. He was tempted to just set up a tent in the hangar.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

The last few days had made Luth Khalan, among other things, a little bit paranoid about the whole Infinite Empire issue. Hearing the name of the freighter coming in along with Imperial indentifier codes as she had landed and got the ship sorted made that flare up in full force again as soon. It was a little... suspicious. She very badly wanted to be proven wrong about that and have her worries be unfounded, but she couldn't say she was feeling as positive about the development as the rest of her contingent seemed to be.

She stood in the hangar next to Sylvain, waiting to see what changes this was going to bring.
Last edited by Luth Khalan on Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys stands with her hands tucked in the sleeves of her robe, face calmly impassive.

'Infinite Destiny'... the ship's name sounds curiously familiar, but she can't quite place it. Then again, with millions of ships across thousands of worlds in the known galaxy, it's quite likely there are more than one or two ships with the same name, or similar names anyway.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Kat was an unusual sight at this hour of the day, having been the usual night-shift guard for the base since their arrival. But after last night others had insisted she got some rest after the fighting she had gone through, and she had gone out like a light the moment she hit her head on the pillow. Thankfully the Rimma was warmer than the base.

Standing next to Tethys, arms folded into the sleeves of her Jedi robes and with the hood up, she blended in as just another Jedi.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Darth Irrej

Post by Darth Irrej »

The Infinite Destiny made it’s approach and landed in the open bay. It was not particularly remarkable, a typical light freighter with lots of custom modifications once someone looks at it. The ramp lowers down with a hiss exposing the sealed interior to the Hoth atmosphere.

There is silence and thena figure descends wearing a mask that seems intent on sowing terror and malice, a long dark cape and firm boots, equally black. In fact it was all black on black, on black.

When he reached the bottom he said in a deep modulated voice, “So this is the thorn in the White Maw’s side?”
Sith Lord | Elegant | Refined | Masked | Envoy

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

In all his years of service Sylvain made a point to remember Sith of relative importance…

Perhaps it was the eons of suffering… And all the infinite futures…

But this man did not strike him as a man of importance.

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Moyr had witnessed the arrival with Moy'r thoughts, which were now leaning sceptical. If anything, she thought the man standing nearby and no longer using that ridiculous sobriquet had made things more interesting by his return.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Welcome to our base. How can we help you?" Galen asked. "Would you like some hot chocolate?"

This would likely be a negotiation or a battle. May as well start off friendly.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Darth Irrej

Post by Darth Irrej »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:45 am
"Welcome to our base. How can we help you?" Galen asked. "Would you like some hot chocolate?"

This would likely be a negotiation or a battle. May as well start off friendly.
“Prince-Consort Panteer? I see that the perfidious and insidious Republic have sent some of their best! I had heard that the Republic were serpents, but to see it with my own eyes, alas it is disheartening to see but fear not, for I bring a gospel of the Dark Side. But before I begin, I must find my quarry… the insidious, murderous, and perhaps even sadistic Jedi Master Layne Hoshin.”

“Here we shall have our final and perhaps most torturous duel. Two sworn nemesi shall enter but only one victorious champion shall leave,” he threw back his cape dramatically.

“Muhahahahaa, ahem, I will take a hoth chocolate,” he finished.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"I don't suppose Prince-Consort Panteer merits and introduction?" Luth asked from nearby, one eyebrow raised. She didn't say what she was actually thinking, which was more along the lines of "who is this joker?" But less polite.

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Is this some standup comedian from the Republic, taking ideas about the Sith from cartoons and holoshows? Moyr couldn't pinpoint why exactly this felt unreal.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Jo'ren wasn't there for the clown in a cape. He knew all about the Infinite Destiny and was hoping his old friends were still the owners. So he hung back waiting to see if the tin can and other crew were going to appear.

The mention of Layne drew a curious glance but he kept quiet.
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Darth Irrej

Post by Darth Irrej »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:03 am
"I don't suppose Prince-Consort Panteer merits and introduction?" Luth asked from nearby, one eyebrow raised. She didn't say what she was actually thinking, which was more along the lines of "who is this joker?" But less polite.
“I have spent my career looking down my nose at Republic filth, allies of the most evil and sniveling Jedi! But alas, it seems this backwater hovel has to hear of the perfidious Darth Irrej… no? Surely you know of Darth Ekkage, for whom the Jedi took far too early before her time. Or so they would have you THINK!” he said pointing at the first Jedi he saw.

“But we never forget.”

He opened an induction port to better sip on the hot chocolate, “Oh this good. Is it organic?”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Baras approached but allowed his apprentice to speak for him.
Dark Side | Human | Massive | Deceitful | Survivor | Treacherous | Sith

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain glanced over towards Baras as he approached.

He had killed the man so many times… And been killed so many times in return… Fought with him… fought against him…

And there he was again… What would their fate be this time?

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He understood the Repulic using the title. He had had a discussion with the senator about that. At this point, most of the people in the base had probably heard it. But, a random Sith lord?

"Layne? Does this have something to do with the trial? She didn't already turn again, did she?"

Darth Irrej

Post by Darth Irrej »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:29 am
He understood the Repulic using the title. He had had a discussion with the senator about that. At this point, most of the people in the base had probably heard it. But, a random Sith lord?

"Layne? Does this have something to do with the trial? She didn't already turn again, did she?"
“Has my perfidious foe been tried for her villainy? Surely her crimes are beyond counting against the Empire. She is larcenous, maniacal, perhaps even a sinister miscreant. Diabolical even.”

“But I must ask, what trial do you speak of? Trial by combat? A trial where her soul is tested and found to be black as night… I sense all Jedi would be found wanting, for their many evils,” he said confidently.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"It was a tribunal for killing a Republic soldier, actually." he explained. "I don't think we can hand her over without some sort of extradition request."

Darth Irrej

Post by Darth Irrej »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:44 am
"It was a tribunal for killing a Republic soldier, actually." he explained. "I don't think we can hand her over without some sort of extradition request."
"Was she finally tried for murdering that noble on Alderaan, ironic, when assassins get assassinated," he said jovially.

"They never see it coming."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"No, someone here," she said with a sigh, resting a hand on her hip. She was getting an increasingly intense feeling that this guy was just an idiot. "Lord Khalan, by the way. And my Master, Darth Baras." The fact that he hadn't reacted to his appearance made the impression that much stronger.

Darth Irrej

Post by Darth Irrej »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:51 am
"No, someone here," she said with a sigh, resting a hand on her hip. She was getting an increasingly intense feeling that this guy was just an idiot. "Lord Khalan, by the way. And my Master, Darth Baras." The fact that he hadn't reacted to his appearance made the impression that much stronger.
“Yes, yes, we are well aware of you, Lord Khalan,” he said waving her off.

“I did not come here to mince words with my brother, I came to right a great wrong! But first could someone refill my hot chocolate?”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys blinks perplexedly when the Darth seems to point directly at her, while intoning about perfidious Jedi who would have you THINK… something?

Given this new Sith lord’s obvious animus against the Jedi Order, it’s probably for the best that Galen has taken point here.

Tethys does shoot Kat a puzzled glance, though. Does Layne have another nemesis we didn’t know about? Again?

And is it just her, or does something feel weird about this?
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

She let out a long breath and shook her head. "That answers that, I suppose." She looked toward Baras to see if he wanted her to do anything about this... person.