Large hangar for space and land based vehicles, plus basic maintenance equipment.
Katarzyna Panteer

Cantina At The End Of The Universe (D4, EE) [Opportunity]

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

"Ok, if we can move some of these crates over that will clear some space..." Kat suggested as they began to look at the project of setting up some place for the residents of the base to relax and unwind after a long day.

As usual, the Alderaanian woman was in her armor that kept her warm, and as often she was busy with helping out around the base.

------

Base Renewal Opportunity
Participants: Katarzyna, Jan, Riss, Lucinia
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Lucinia Malveaux

Re: Cantina At The End Of The Universe (D4, EE) [Opportunity]

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

For her part, Lucinia was dressed in one of her dark gowns, but with her thermal gear over it. It was passing by that she saw what appeared to be some sort of physical labor (ew) lead by a Jedi (ew).

Pausing in the entryway, she frowned, tilting her snow-goggles down in a manner very much like looking over the rim of a pair of glasses. "Goodness, it seems as though the work in this base is never done. What's all this, then?" She waved an unconcerned hand at the contents of the room.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat placed a box down and rose up to look at Lucinia. Oh great, it was the Sith with the most annoying laugh.

"Work never ends, your lordship," she said with a polite smile. She knew these Sith liked their titles, but she wasn't going to call any of them 'my lord'. "Figured we could help out with setting up an area for R&R when folks are done with their duties for the day. A cantina or something along those lines..."

The Jedi smirked for a brief moment. "Something I could persuade you to help out with perhaps? I know you're not unused to putting in some good work, as you did with cleaning up the hangar."
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia's nose wrinkled. "Ah yes. The hangar. I remember that. With even sonic showering rationed, the stench lingered for days..."

Still, she tilted her head, considering. "Hmm. A cantina can be a fine place to spend some time. I expect Jan would appreciate it. Very well, I accept your proposal."

Frowning, she looked around. "How does one build a cantina, anyway? We need stools... a bar..." Her brow creased as she ran out of ideas. "A dartboard?"
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Dartboards, live music, a bar with access to numerous alcoholic substances on tap and of course a stage."
Jan strides in from the cold and gives the two a wide smile.
"I heard 'Cantina' and came as quickly as I could."
She winks at Katarzyna before bowing elaborately to Lucinia. "My lord."

In fact, Jan's ship did actively send her a ping whenever someone mentioned preparing for a party nearby, part of Czerka's new 'gatecrasher' software that was already banned on most core worlds.
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Katarzyna Panteer

"Also would need snacks. Oh, there's this one on Alderaan that has a pool, so maybe a hot tub..." Kat mused at the idea of a hot tub. It was a silly idea, but a hot soak was something everyone would want anyway.

"Hello," a smile was given to Jan. "Director Melmoar was it? Would you like to pitch in for a cantina of sorts for the crews here?"

Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Darling, please, we killed pirates together. 'Jan' is more than sufficient. But I am honoured the Royal Princess of Alderaan herself would remember me."
She finger guns Kat.

"I'm happy to pitch in, that's what Czerka does, we help. And also we like our branding on things but I wouldn't want anything so gauche."
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Lucinia Malveaux

"A hot tub? In a cantina? On this planet? Well, that would be something to see." Lucinia half-shrugged. "Of course, Ziost had beaches, so I suppose anything's possible."

She shot Jan a smirk, her eyes glinting. "I rather thought you might show up for this. If it's a fine enough cantina, we may have to donate a bottle or two, hmmm? Depending on what else is on offer, of course."
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss would arrive then, at this point, with a handful of Republic troopers as well as a number of Alderaanians that came along with the effort they'd organized. Ladies, gentlemen, theys and thems all here to pitch in and lend a helping hand. At the front of a small group of able bodied individuals was Riss herself wearing her most charming smile. Giving some basic directions to get started while she approaches the main cast:

"So, where do you need them?" she asks, looking most directly to Kat with that patented Riss-smile.

Day 4, EE | Cantina, Opportunity: Leadership, Cascader, Kill it with Kindness x2, Player Destiny vs Hard, Minimally Damaged Cascader: 4eP+3eD 2 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[1 Success, 0 Failures, 6 Rolls to go.]
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Lucinia Malveaux

Watching Riss give charming, helpful suggestions, Lucinia narrowed her eyes. Stepping out of the room for a moment, she found a group of Sith troopers. She rose up to her full height, addressing them.

"You there. I require you to move some boxes. If you do it poorly, or slowly, or leave any boxes out of place, I shall be displeased." Her lips pulled back into a grimace at that, her yellow-tinged eyes flashing.

They moved to comply. Quickly. Lucinia smirked over at the Alderaanians.

------------------------------------------------------------

D4EE Opportunity, Coercion, this is how you give orders!: 1eP+3eA+3eF+3eD 1 success, 1 advantage, 4 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Using Dark Side for advantage, 2eB next roller
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat on the other hand was doing some work on the electrical for the area that could work as a cantina, making sure not to ruin the distribution of the delicate power to the rest of the base. The ones that Lucinia bossed around proved helpful in clearing the space, though the woman's methods did make her frown a little bit.

"Is that how you usually talk to people?" she asked, a half-smile and an eyebrow raised, as she looked to Lucinia.

--------

D4 EE Opportunity. Mechanics/Intellect. +2B from Lucinia. +1B from Custom Tools. Player Destiny: 2eP+3eA+3eB+3eD 4 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

3 Successes. (3/7 rolls)
Skills used: Leadership, Coercion, Mechanics.

Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia gave the Jedi a smirk. "Not always. Usually I don't talk to them at all."

She continued to look at Kat, smiling and with one raised eyebrows, as the Sith Troopers departed did their work.
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Cantina at the end of the universe, day 4 EE, renewal roll, perception, hard difficulty: 2eP+1eA+3eD 2 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jan meanwhile seems to enjoy sweeping her sonic scope (and the attached large rifle) over workers from time to time pausing for a moment and then remarking on important details gleaned from the X-ray.
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat chuckled and shook her head, causing a few loose strands of hair to frame her face. "You sound almost like a hermit like that. I took you for some... socialite of sorts? I guess my impression was wrong."

Lucinia Malveaux

"Hmmm." Lucinia said, raising an eyebrow. "I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not. I shall take it as such."

Her expression softened, just a little. "Lucinia Malveaux. I've already met the Countess."

Meanwhile, as they worked, she kept a careful eye out. She might not have been able (or willing) to do most of the work herself, but she was certainly able to point out when others were doing their work wrong!

--------------------------------------------

D4EE Opportunity, Vigilance, 1eB Uncanny Reactions: 1eP+3eA+1eB+3eD 3 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Lucinia Malveaux, dark maven of the force. Scion of the sith empire, of the noblest blood." Jan adds helpfully.
Running her eyes over the workers with an amused expression.
"And apparently master builder. Remind me to put you in charge when we build the next house."
Katarzyna Panteer

It seemed nobility and being a Sith went hand in hand in the Empire. "Oh, I meant it as a compliment. My apologies if I made that unclear. Katarzyna Panteer," Kat introduced herself in return. Though unlike Riss, she wasn't one for titles most of the time. She was also used to being recognized most of the time at the base anyway.

"I think we got a good start on this project at least." A smile was given to the others. "Someone mentioned live music, I believe? Either of you play or sing?" she asked Jan and Lucinia.

Lucinia Malveaux

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:32 pm
"Lucinia Malveaux, dark maven of the force. Scion of the sith empire, of the noblest blood." Jan adds helpfully.
Running her eyes over the workers with an amused expression.
"And apparently master builder. Remind me to put you in charge when we build the next house."
Lucinia smiled at Jan. "So long as you design it. I won't deny that my tastes are not quite universal." In other words, they would probably need more rooms than spooky library, spooky temple, and spooky lab.

Then she looked at Kat, crossing her arms over her chest. "I do not." A brief pause, and then her expression softened again. "I won't deny, I do enjoy listening to it from time to time. The right piece can either sharpen or relax the mind, as appropriate for the activity. Live music..." Luci waved a hand, "-well, I would try it, at least."
Katarzyna Panteer

"What sort of music do you prefer then?" she asked to keep the conversation easy as they worked. "I admit I don't know what's popular in the Empire in terms of music, or what is high class music there..."

Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia considered that, her head tilted. "Whatever matches my mood. Or my intended mood." She said. "Quiet pieces with strings, perhaps. Nothing too loud or dramatic. No jizz." She grimaced delicate distaste.

Her gaze went slightly distant. "Empire popular music has taken a turn towards the propagandistic. No surprise, I suppose, especially with the new privileges granted to non-Sith." Another delicate grimace at that. "We do have some rather enjoyable operas though, if you're interested in that sort of thing."

Casually, as they talked, Lucinia gestured, levitating a crate into place. Clearly she could actually do things. When she felt like it...
Katarzyna Panteer

She could not help smiling a little. "Can't say I'm a jizz enthusiast myself. Opera is nice though, as are other classical works. Alderaan greatly values a lot of the classical arts, including music. Most of us grow up learning to play at least one instrument...".

A glance to Riss. "... not that everyone manages that." Chuckling, she looked away.

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Meiss," Riss takes that opportunity to slip into the conversation. Having propped herself up on an errant box, as was her way, and looks across those faces present in this little highlighted area, "always had all of my talent built into her. Better she made use of it than I did, I say," she says with a wink directed toward Kat.

"Well, I did have a little fun flirting with the tutors when I got older.. was a real good way for mother to stop sending them my way," she says with a look to Lucinia. A Sith next to Kat, wild.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."