Large hangar for space and land based vehicles, plus basic maintenance equipment.
Soren Haicen

Re: [Day 2 - MA] How Bazaar

Post by Soren Haicen »

Soren was humming a tune to himself as he shopped, shoving a few odds and ends into the backpack he had found and bought. Fire paste, cooking set, camp stove and a bottle of mystery alcohol were among his purchases. He made note of the sign about goats for sale too.

He'd have to look into that stall if it opened. Goats were good eating.
Human | Green | Violence for Hire | Bounty Hunter | Tough

Has:
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Upon watching the Ortolan do their magic on the other ships, she decided to take their offer of ice-proofing the Bitch.

[Obligation +5]
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Jo finally opened his stall, and there were plenty of goats, blue furred and adorable. “Come one, come all for some of the most exotic goods this side of the galaxy! With each purchase you get a free goat, oh and we have delicious curry for sale. I promise you, the prices never get better than here a guarantee I won’t backup as all sales are final.”

For Sale: Ancient Mandalorian Helmet, Lightsaber hilt, Strange Crystal, Marksman Sniper Rifle, and a monkey-lizard’s paw.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:53 am
Jo finally opened his stall, and there were plenty of goats, blue furred and adorable. “Come one, come all for some of the most exotic goods this side of the galaxy! With each purchase you get a free goat, oh and we have delicious curry for sale. I promise you, the prices never get better than here a guarantee I won’t backup as all sales are final.”

For Sale: Ancient Mandalorian Helmet, Lightsaber hilt, Strange Crystal, Marksman Sniper Rifle, and a monkey-lizard’s paw.
Man does this guy goes around

She moved a bit closer to inspect the merchandise. She figured that with her expertise she would be able to identify what was worthwhile and what was junk.
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Layne too, would be interested in seeing if any of those things had value; but seeing as Baesal was there first... she decided to keep her distance, observing from afar, for now.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The stuff looks cool.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Her eyes wandered to the helmet and the crystal. She leaned in to inspect them closer

"Sir? What are those?"
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He didn't need another one, but Galen couldn't resist taking a look at the rifle.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:38 am
Her eyes wandered to the helmet and the crystal. She leaned in to inspect them closer

"Sir? What are those?"
Another Jo sidled up to her and said, “Well that helmet was found in a sarlacc pit, true story and restored. It’s damn good, very wizard. One of a kind, I promise you!”

“Fancy Krayt Dragon Pearl… crystal thing very pretty, and bet it looks good in any big money home. Bettr move fast, I got at least six buyers interested.”
Galen Panteer wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:39 am
He didn't need another one, but Galen couldn't resist taking a look at the rifle.
Another, another Jo approached and said, “Now that is fancy, heard it was used by the last winner of the Great Hunt, said to never miss. This baby will go fast, I could probably find you a great deal, but interest is high!”

“Plus you get a free goat!”
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

"How much for either of those?" She asked
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

It was hard to tell from afar precisely what power these items might hold; though she could probably at least *see* the items.

A crystal would've had her falling over herself to acquire it at one point in the past; now it only held marginal interest to her. Perhaps it might have something special to it, perhaps not. The helmet? No. The hilt? Probably not; she had her own, after all. The rifle? Surely not. That... paw? Well... it seemed *useless* on the face of it, but she had learned such items could have power... and it seemed... somehow appropriate right now. Or maybe she was just mistaking coincidences for fate.

Still, she would wait her turn; not wanting to face Baesal.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:49 am
"How much for either of those?" She asked
Jo stroked his chin, alternate Jo at least, and he said, “Well I am sure we can find a deal that works for the both of us… so it just depends but I am sure twenty thousand creds should be easy for a Master Jedi.”

OOC: Money or 15 Obligation to the Jo Family
Layne Hoshin wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:57 am
It was hard to tell from afar precisely what power these items might hold; though she could probably at least *see* the items.

A crystal would've had her falling over herself to acquire it at one point in the past; now it only held marginal interest to her. Perhaps it might have something special to it, perhaps not. The helmet? No. The hilt? Probably not; she had her own, after all. The rifle? Surely not. That... paw? Well... it seemed *useless* on the face of it, but she had learned such items could have power... and it seemed... somehow appropriate right now. Or maybe she was just mistaking coincidences for fate.

Still, she would wait her turn; not wanting to face Baesal.
"Like what you see," another, another, another Jo said as he approached.

"That is priced to move."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

"I do have creds on me. How much are you asking for either of these items?"
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:04 am
"Like what you see," another, another, another Jo said as he approached.

"That is priced to move."
Well, so long as there was some separation between her and her friend; who would be furious with her if she knew what was going on...

"...You have interesting things," she said, "...I am sure that means you have some understanding of their significance, then. Tell me about the paw."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:09 am
"I do have creds on me. How much are you asking for either of these items?"
"20k credits, these are one of a kind," he offered.
Layne Hoshin wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:11 am
Well, so long as there was some separation between her and her friend; who would be furious with her if she knew what was going on...

"...You have interesting things," she said, "...I am sure that means you have some understanding of their significance, then. Tell me about the paw."
“Well, that was found on Korriz, used to be own by a coven of them Sith witches, said they used to bless and curse their enemies and allies. Supposed to bring you great luck… or great calamity. Sure, it will be all good luck for you,” he said with a smile.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:15 am
“Well, that was found on Korriz, used to be own by a coven of them Sith witches, said they used to bless and curse their enemies and allies. Supposed to bring you great luck… or great calamity. Sure, it will be all good luck for you,” he said with a smile.
Hmmm... someone else would probably abuse such power. Right?

"Give me a price I can meet and I can keep it from bringing you that calamity you speak of."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:18 am
Hmmm... someone else would probably abuse such power. Right?

"Give me a price I can meet and I can keep it from bringing you that calamity you speak of."
"Well this is one of a kind, so 25 large at least, or maybe we can work out a payment plan, totally on the level, right Jo?" he said.

Other, other Jo responded, "Best and most semi-legal plan this side of Nar Shaddaa."

The Jo talking to Layne continued, "So what do you say?"

OOC: Money or 15 Obligation.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:22 am
"Well this is one of a kind, so 25 large at least, or maybe we can work out a payment plan, totally on the level, right Jo?" he said.

Other, other Jo responded, "Best and most semi-legal plan this side of Nar Shaddaa."

The Jo talking to Layne continued, "So what do you say?"

OOC: Money or 15 Obligation.
Profiting off of her attempt to keep people from inviting calamity. She might've simply let that go yesterday, but now? Now she was feeling as cold inside as she was on the outside; a consequence of temporarily repressing those emotions from her encounter with Baras and Daz just so she wouldn't turn into a total wreck. It wasn't the healthy sort of way to detach oneself from one's emotions. It was the unhealthy 'they're totally still there right beneath the surface but I'm pretending they're gone and not deal with shit' kind of way. Replacing tears with cooled anger.

So, she was already in the right headspace for it. The fact that this thing could be abused by someone else; and that she'd been struggling with the concept of not doing the things she needed to do to avoid people around her from suffering; provided the justification.

She stepped forward a little, glaring at the Jo. "It is *dangerous* to either keep around or sell to the wrong person. Make me a better offer"

(Might I try and Coerce a better price out of him? (which would be lower obligation since I doubt even with a massive discount I could match the credits)
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Hard check with 1 upgrade so 2eD+1eC plus a setback because Jo is savvy, Power does not apply.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

It had been quite some time since she'd played on her natural ability to intimidate others. The Jedi generally did not improve of such things, after all; even if there were times when it might be used to keep violence from erupting. As she had told her apprentice once; who thankfully wasn't here to witness any of this.

But, this was for a good cause. Even if she was tapping into that anger yet again.

Coercion, Hard, Upgrade from DD, But Downgrade from Intimidating for 1 strain), Setback ignored due to blade of woe: 1eP+2eA+3eD 1 success, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

(Intimidating costs 1 strain to activate (downgrades difficulty once), threat for another strain?)
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Never misses? That takes away some of the challenge." Galen frowned as he looked over the rifle. "The Great Hunt, wwas the winner?"
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Before she could get her thoughts on her wife's thoughts on the nearby settlement, Aurilie quickly snapped her attention to the opening of that particular stall that sold various curiosities and perhaps gave away questionable insensitive with it. She was sure to make a few side steps so that she could put the stall behind her. If she were using a Jedi mind trick, it would be to convince her that there is nothing behind her.

"Hrmp!" she said with a slightly overly-dramatic exasperation as she stood rigidly. "I don't think I see anything of value or worth of consideration around here. That is perhaps all of the best, considering that these sorts of gatherings sometimes gather their share of pick-pockets and other undesirable characters from all over. It's likely not a good idea to dally here all day. We should probably take our leave from here, posthaste."
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:51 am
"Never misses? That takes away some of the challenge." Galen frowned as he looked over the rifle. "The Great Hunt, wwas the winner?"
"You know I don't recall the name, but I am sure they were a great shooter. I am not sure if that isn;t sporting to not miss, but it saves on ammunition!" Jo responded.
Layne Hoshin wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:50 am
It had been quite some time since she'd played on her natural ability to intimidate others. The Jedi generally did not improve of such things, after all; even if there were times when it might be used to keep violence from erupting. As she had told her apprentice once; who thankfully wasn't here to witness any of this.

But, this was for a good cause. Even if she was tapping into that anger yet again.

Coercion, Hard, Upgrade from DD, But Downgrade from Intimidating for 1 strain), Setback ignored due to blade of woe: 1eP+2eA+3eD 1 success, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

(Intimidating costs 1 strain to activate (downgrades difficulty once), threat for another strain?)
Jo raised his hands, "We can work on the price, my friend... of course," he responded.

OOC: 10 Obligation.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal's jaw dropped at the prices the merchant demanded. She was about to call him out on it when another joined and, in her mind, was disparaging the stall. She saw an opportunity and opted in

''Probably true. I doubt any of these items are worth near the asking price...this banged up helm is getting passed off for an antique.''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:10 am
Jo raised his hands, "We can work on the price, my friend... of course," he responded.

OOC: 10 Obligation.
"Fine," she said, taking the paw into her possession, "but if this turns out a dud, we are going to have more words."

(+10 obligation)