Large hangar for space and land based vehicles, plus basic maintenance equipment.
Lucinia Malveaux

Re: [Day 2 - MA] March of the Ortolan

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:21 pm
" We're....absolutely gonna crush the White...White...."
Jan shoots a finger gun which misses the Ortolan as she blinks slowly.
"Y'know, yes, dear."
"The White Maw, dear." Lucinia smirked, amused.

Casually waving the limb of some creature, Lucinia looked at the Ortolan. "And of course we're going to crush them. That's why we're here, after all. The Sith, anyway." The smirk grew. "And in my case, that crushing isn't just figurative. If I haven't smashed at least one pirate underneath something very heavy, well, I owe you a bottle of some very nice wine. You'd like it, I'm sure."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Well then we can send our people to begin the hookup. Which means if the White Maw come a calling we calling you in," she responded. "So where can Bajeezi and his new partner do their nuptial business."
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

"Wonderful!" Lucinia said, smiling and clapping her hands together. She looked at the Republic contingent. "They've agreed to give us power in exchange for protection. We're all in agreement, then?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Although, countess..." Another casual wave. "I gather they want another private meeting with you. The exact nature of which could probably use some additional clarifying. I can't believe that every deal they make ends with a betrothal. Either that, or they have very few treaties."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"It's important....since we are the host, it is very important in our culture for the nupeetal....the nimpoot...the....the business to be conducted with our cultural stuff. Otherwise we might lose our faces. The way we do it is...is...."

Jan squints to herself and looks to the others for ideas.
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Whoa whoa whoa wait," she says, nearly tossing down the drink from hand as she settles her eyes on Lucinia and then Jan. Darting between the two she connects what dots she might be able to before coming out with.

"We don't need to marry," she says, and looks to the Ortolans leader as well as this other one that seemed to be brought up. "In our culture a simple hand shake between the two parties is all we need, and the trust that the other will keep to their end of the bargain," she nearly stammers out but keeps her composure.

"Hopefully that's agreeable?" she asks, looking to the Ortolans.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Negotiation check at Hard with a GM upgrade through Destiny.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss tried her best, but language gaps create problems nonetheless!

Day 2, MA | Ortolan Feast, Negotiation, Congenial x1, vs Hard, GM Destiny: 4eA+3eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[Advantage for Ortolans to want something else concrete as proof of the deal, rather than marriage? Maybe an Ortolan stays at Echo Base and a trooper stays with the Ortolans?]
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The ortolans are not happy about the lack of marriage but the swap is agreed upon and arrangements will be made.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The ortolan are not completely pleased with the lack of marriage but agree that swapping one of their for someone at the base is the next best thing. They will provide power, this will generate another two ranks of power on the start of Day 3.

The pact is made.