Large hangar for space and land based vehicles, plus basic maintenance equipment.
Dapper Dog

[Day 2 - MA] March of the Ortolan

Post by Dapper Dog »

A caravan of Ortolans in modified speeder trucks arrive in the afternoon. They seem to be one part engineers and another part merchants. They seem friendly and are looking to speak with whoever is in charge or thinks they are in charge.

They are currently outside the main entrance to the hangar.

OOC: Thread open to the first four people to arrive.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Jan Melmoar

Re: [Day 2 - MA] March of the Ortolan

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan of course has no shame in presenting herself as in charge of the Czerka delegation and numerous other unaligned assets. And she's dressed up with her fanciest golden cape and gleaming smile to sell that.
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Durasay was curious about these Ortolan, and being a decorated war hero, former politician, and married into Alderaanian nobility?

Why wouldn't he be in charge.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Riss

Post by Riss »

When it came to someone like Jan presenting herself as "in charge" there was no way that Riss wasn't going to try and reign that in. As a woman born to the grift, and seeing only a horde of little blue grifters, she wanted to do what she could to make sure any deals that were going down did so in the best interests of the Alderaa- Republic figures here in Echo Base.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Well, SOMEBODY needed to represent the Empire. Or rather, the Malveaux family. Or rather, her. Besides Jan.

Regardless, Lucinia was there, ready to negotiate in the finest Sith style!
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Go Team Echo Base.
Riss

Post by Riss »

"You lot," Riss would be the first of the four representatives to speak but she was instead addressing the others. A nod of acknowledgement granted to Mixo, a slight ignoring of Jan due to a little bit of dislike, and a very neutral look to Lucinia. "Just.. you all look like you wanna give chatting a show, mm? United front looks better so try not to step on one anothers toes. Former Senator Mixo, if you wouldn't mind speaking first? Does anyone know what language they use?" she asks, and doesn't seem to intent on keeping them standing around as she already starts walking toward the Ortolan entourage.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

"Well, I can start with Basic, and move through Huttese. My che'unh is... very basic, and I doubt they speak Mando'a." He looked to the gathered group. Fairly pleased with seeing the Czerka rep again.

"And no need for the formality of Senator. Though I'm betting I'll be having that conversation a lot with most people." He flashed a smile to the Countess, genuine and winning.

The Cascader made his features approachable, and the voice modulation built into his armor from it just made him all the more charming.

Following Riss, and anticipating the others in tow, the tall man looked over the Ortolans. "Good Afternoon, and welcome to Echo Base. We, the duly volunteered representatives of the this... joint task force, welcome you."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
"All journeys end..."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan shoots finger guns at Durasay before turning to smile widely at the approaching Ortolan.

"He's Durasay Mixo, war hero, one of the Republic's leading lights, and doubtless honoured to meet you all. Beside him is Countess Riss Lanar of Alderaan, a senior Republic diplomat and noble of no small renown. The statuesque woman with the winning smile is Lady Lucinia Malveaux of the Sith empire, both a respected noble and a powerful user of the dark side. And I'm Jan Melmoar, Director with Czerka Corp, you might have heard of us."

She bows with a flourish, whipping her cape around.
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia wasn't really smiling, not until Jan mentioned it. Then she smiled, and a little more.

"Oooohohohoho!" She laughed, one hand coming up to the corner of her mouth. "What an introduction. Yes. Quite. We're not so much a person in charge, but a committee. I trust you recognize the importance we attach to this meeting. Although I rather wonder how many of us it takes to replace a hydrobulb."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The ortolans approached and one came forward as their spokeswoman, noted by her impressive snout/trunk wear. She spoke in her language, “Now I am Gizy Wiz Dazingo of the Orto Big Ice Power Consortium, we have been told that the Sith Empire now controls this place and they are welcom to this haunted kriff hole. We are here because we wish to formalize relations based on the pact made by King Jo’ren Rath and his consort whose name we did not get, that you would crush the White Maw pirates.”

She continued, “So to that end we are prepared to extend to this mighty fortress of the Sith Empire, am I saying that right, no matter, we will deliver power to you in exchange for your protection and eventual defeat of the pirate menace.”

“As customary we have brought such a feast and spirits, you are welcome to join us. Oh and who will be the Bride? It is customary that all major trade negotiations end with a union. We have provided Bajeezi Bizletiks, he is strong, smart, and has quite the trunk.”

“Ahem, we shall begin with the feasting, and look forward to much prosperity under the care of the Sith Empire,” she finished.

OOC: Those that partake of the feast can do a Resilience or Discipline check at Hard with two setback due to the rather exotic fare on display.

If they drink the provided beer as well increase the difficulty to Daunting. Please note if you partake or not.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss pauses at the moment the Ortolan started to speak. Smiling, nodding, doing the whole pleasantry routine, and then when it was clear for the time that they were to answer she quickly locked eyes with each member of this little party one by one hoping that she would see confidence in one of their eyes.

Hoping someone might be able to understand the creature before making the really awkward move of asking them to, "speak basic."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Riss wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:44 pm
Riss pauses at the moment the Ortolan started to speak. Smiling, nodding, doing the whole pleasantry routine, and then when it was clear for the time that they were to answer she quickly locked eyes with each member of this little party one by one hoping that she would see confidence in one of their eyes.

Hoping someone might be able to understand the creature before making the really awkward move of asking them to, "speak basic."
She continued looking at Riss, "Now sir or madam, are you the prospective bride? Rather unremarkable trunk. What species are you? Too tall... pale, poor Bajeezi, well his sacrifice is our gain."
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia seemed to be only somewhat paying attention. However, she suddenly looked at the Ortolan and blinked.

"I'm sorry, did you say King Jo'ren?" After a moment, she blinked. "Well done, Jo'ren." She murmured. Lucinia wasn't much of one for political power, but she did admire pulling a good scheme on alien suckers.
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

"I apologize, my Ortolan is a bit rusty." He grinned as he looked to Gizy Wiz Dazingo. "Do you speak basic, or huttese? A shame on me for not knowing your language, I'll have to correct that over our time here."

It seemed the Malveaux could understand, at least.
"All journeys end..."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:46 am
Lucinia seemed to be only somewhat paying attention. However, she suddenly looked at the Ortolan and blinked.

"I'm sorry, did you say King Jo'ren?" After a moment, she blinked. "Well done, Jo'ren." She murmured. Lucinia wasn't much of one for political power, but she did admire pulling a good scheme on alien suckers.
"Yes, and we are willing to work with you," she responded in her language. "Never learned to speak Basic, but I got an ear for it, so we eating?"

"Bride might want two bowls, she's a little thin."
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

"Then let's toast to learning the languages of our new friends." Durasay approached first, taking a cup of the spirit. Being a well traveled man, the exoticness of the fare wasn't an issue.

The liquid burned as it went down his throat, before taking a bowl of the food.

MA2 - March of Ortolan - Feast + Drink (Brawn 4, Res 0, Destiny Upgrade, daunting, +2eS): 1eP+3eA+4eD+2eS 1 success, 4 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"All journeys end..."
Lucinia Malveaux

"Right. Well." Lucinia turned to the others. "I'm afraid my Ortolan isn't all that good. In short, they'd like to work with us, so long as we defeat the pirates and protect them. And they think we're all Sith. Hardly." Lucinia smirked. "And to seal the deal, so to speak, we should feast with them. Lovely." This last was said very dryly indeed.

Still she sat down. Took a deep breath. And ate. It was certainly no worse than any number of alien things she'd eaten. "Do you have a nice red?" She asked, waving off the beer.

"Oh, and you." Luci pointed at Riss. "They've marked you as some sort of bride. But good news, he's reputed to have quite the trunk." Her teeth flashed white, and she tore into another meat dish.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

D2MA - EATING! No drink pls, Discipline, 2eS: 1eP+3eA+3eD+2eS 3 successes, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss' eyes lay open in astonishment from Luci, and then quickly found the supposed individual with quite the trunk if she could in the mess. Both hands coming up she made a quick calming gesture for folk to settle down a little, "Hold up, maybe we should clear up all these misunderstandings before we start taking part in a ritual or some such no? For starters, I'm not looking to get married on this frozen rock. Following up, there isn't a King here. Finally, this isn't a Sith base," she rattles off with some speed, and then eyes Durasay who seems all too eager to participate.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Lucinia Malveaux

Pursing her lips, Lucinia considered. "Well... it's possible I translated King wrong. Or perhaps I didn't? You're a countess. Why shouldn't Jo'ren be a King? He seems to have the qualities they'd look for in a monarch." That is, Jo'ren was large.

She waved an unconcerned hand. "And we did introduce ourselves as a join committee, so I wouldn't worry about the Sith base bit. This one does understand basic, after all." Luci waved towards the Ortolan speaker.

Then she gave a half-shrug, one slender shoulder rising and falling. "Bride may also be a mistranslation. I'm sure it's fine."
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss eyes Lucinia so sternly her eyes become barely slits. Shifting her gaze over to the Ortolans, and then also the others of this little party who appear eager to partake. With a drawn out sigh she gestures for some of the beer, "Kriff it," she says, and begins guzzling like a champ. After all, Riss could make herself look good doing just about anything.

Day 2, MA | Ortolan Feast + Beer, Daunting Resilience, Two Setback, Work vs Works like a Charm: 4eA+4eD+2eS 1 success
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan, never one to deny herself some liquid entertainment downs a mug of beer in one go...kriff, that was strong.
Day 2 MA, March of the Ortolan, drinking the beer, daunting resilience with two setbacks: 2eA+4eD+2eS 1 failure, 4 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"...It's...very...nice."
She blinks slowly, eyes a little unfocused, the sheer volume of chemicals driving a mild flush to her cheeks.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The ortolan listened to the confusion and then said, “So are you saying that this Jo’ren lied to my cousin and you will not crush the White Maw under your boots?”

“And I bet that isn’t even her real snout!” she added in an accusatory tone.
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

" We're....absolutely gonna crush the White...White...."
Jan shoots a finger gun which misses the Ortolan as she blinks slowly.
"Y'know, yes, dear."
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

"Exactly. We are here to deal with the pirates and put an end to their schemes." A hand sat just below Durasay's chest, the strong drink giving a slight bit of heartburn. "And handle them we will, I promise you that."
"All journeys end..."