The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Dapper Dog

[Day 8 - MN] Close Encounters of the Gree Kind

Post by Dapper Dog »

Gree-ship.jpg
Gree-ship.jpg (19.46 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
The sky above Base Echo is bright as an alien ship approaches giving off IFF identifiers as the Gree as provided by C5. The large sleek ship sends down a shuttle.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Hacha Tsuko

Re: [Day 8 - MN] Close Encounters of the Gree Kind

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Hacha is giddy despite the days events. "Sweet, sweet new tech to play with!"
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Hacha Tsuko wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:20 am
Hacha is giddy despite the days events. "Sweet, sweet new tech to play with!"
The shuttle lands outside and two figures emerge a creature about 1.8 meters tall with a large bulbous body in dark blue robes with many throbbing tentacles like grohs undulating under the cloth.

Next to it is a droid similar to C5-PT. They approached and the droid verbalized, “Greetings Black bisector, we are the gold intersectors.”
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal observed the Gree ship with awe. They truly had an interesting perspective on technology.

"Greeting gold intersections"

Gree-tings, hehehe
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington makes sure to wake up for the arrival of the Gree. He looks upwards as the ship descends.

He nods at Hacha's comment. "It certainly gets your blood pumping."

He offers a polite salute in return to the Gree.

"Gold Intersectors. Pleasure to finally meet you face to face." He says with a polite smile.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Jo'ren stood to one side watching as the Gree arrived, impassive. About time. He quickly noted that most of the welcoming committee for their new allies appeared to be an assortment of technical nerds and geeks. There was an inaudible sigh.

King Jo'ren offered a polite nod to the Gree but remained silent for now. Hopefully the nerds would stay on topic and he wouldn't have to add to his daily kill count.
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Nudie was there. With a bit of a limp from his earlier experience, but still there. Just needed to rest a little and he'll be good to go. And...that was a Gree.

Now he knew what one looked like up close.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys has probably managed to catch a nap by now, but it's still been a very long and strange day-cycle. At least this is a planned meeting... more or less, if hastily.

She presses a hand to her chest and bows her head a little, adding her greeting to the others'. "Yes, we meet at last. Welcome to Hoth. Or... welcome back, I suppose." Her lips quirk wryly.

"Nice to... orange vertical? with you at last."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela couldn't sleep so she went out walking. This was a... different site to be sure. Did Tethys just say orange vertical? What even is this thing?!

She decided to sit back quietly and try to figure that out.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Jo'ren nodded to the Chiss who seemed to understand the Gree easily enough. He moved a bit closer to the Jedi Tethys Carrick. That one seemed to be a proper diplomat. For the moment he kept quiet.
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss could never help herself when it came to spectacle. Setting herself up sitting on something that was never meant as a seat but nevertheless was now serving as one she watches the arrival and interactions like it's a holo-vid. All that was missing was the popcorn and the blankets, but the gawping did commence.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Sooo....alliance? Talky people, you're better at this than me!"
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:31 pm
Tethys has probably managed to catch a nap by now, but it's still been a very long and strange day-cycle. At least this is a planned meeting... more or less, if hastily.

She presses a hand to her chest and bows her head a little, adding her greeting to the others'. "Yes, we meet at last. Welcome to Hoth. Or... welcome back, I suppose." Her lips quirk wryly.

"Nice to... orange vertical? with you at last."
The Gree envoy smells of ozone and something she can’t place as it turns to her, the robe shifting and roiling with unseen tentacles. The droid next to it approached her and held up an orange scintillating crystalline ball about the size of her head, when peering into it was what looked like the model of a galaxy, with stars and the spiral arms of the disk with a bright center.

The droid verbalized, “We offer orange vertical black bisectors. Gold intersectors and black bisectors will yellow rhombus the red intersectors, this is black circular. Until white vertical is avoided we shall have silver circular.”

“This shall last an infinite gray interval, until black vertical or white vertical.”
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

That all seemed reasonable, assuming he had interpreted it correctly. He nodded and then looked at Tethys and Nudimsu to see if they had a different reaction.

Qozaiym Zholyeva

Post by Qozaiym Zholyeva »

The General had her left arm in a sling but was present and at attention in her best.
General | Imperial Army | Human | Tall | Slave-Born | Renegade | Hardened | Strange Accent | Sith Empire

*Played by Dapper Dog
Leontyne Saresh

Post by Leontyne Saresh »

If the Senator was annoyed at the Jedi taking the lead, she did not show it.
Twi'lek | Senator | Seasoned Politician | Fearless | Ambitious | Republic

*Played by Dapper Dog
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington nods at the treaty that seems to have come into place. He looks around. "Rhombus and grey interval is a new one to me. Does anyone have an ideas about those?" He asks as it seems like Tethys took the lead.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:48 am
That all seemed reasonable, assuming he had interpreted it correctly. He nodded and then looked at Tethys and Nudimsu to see if they had a different reaction.
He nods and Jo'ren, seeing his confused look. "They offer us weapons and tools for our use...I believe they will fight alongside of us and will honor this alliance so long as the Eternal Empire remains a threat."

He looks then to Tethys. "Does that sound about right?"
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

"Thanks. If that's right, I think we're all good." He gave the Chiss a nod then looked from the Gree to the Jedi. There would probably be some lecturing about the sanctity of life and not dropping nukes on the populace. After the day's events he could actually get behind that, not that he'd admit it of course...

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:40 am
The Gree envoy smells of ozone and something she can’t place as it turns to her, the robe shifting and roiling with unseen tentacles. The droid next to it approached her and held up an orange scintillating crystalline ball about the size of her head, when peering into it was what looked like the model of a galaxy, with stars and the spiral arms of the disk with a bright center.

The droid verbalized, “We offer orange vertical black bisectors. Gold intersectors and black bisectors will yellow rhombus the red intersectors, this is black circular. Until white vertical is avoided we shall have silver circular.”

“This shall last an infinite gray interval, until black vertical or white vertical.”
Tethys nods carefully to the Gree. "As we discussed, silver circular--an alliance, right?--until the enemy are defeated."

She looks sidelong over her shoulder at all of the others, especially Remmington since he'd just asked about rhombuses. "Yellow rhombus is new to me, but I think it means 'defeat' them. I'm... fairly certain. Gray interval is a period of time, I believe. Until victory... or death. I may be misunderstanding, but I don't think they've mentioned materiel in particular. Just cooperation."

She tilts her head inquisitively as she turns back to the Gree. "This sounds like what your messenger droid conveyed to us before, yes. But C-Five didn't use the term 'black bisectors.' It has been speaking of us as potential 'silver intersectors,' and I feel I must ask whether this difference is important. It would not do to be blue vertex at a time like this," she adds with what she hopes is a mildly disarming smile.

"Also, I think our leaders on this planet, Senator Saresh and General Zholyeva," she gestures politely to the two women by way of introduction, "will want me to ask, what happens after victory--after the black circular is reached? Our alliance would no longer be needed then, but I hope gold intersectors and black bisectors can remain on friendly terms."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The droid offered Tethys the object and the droid turned to the Gree. The envoy raised two large tentacle-like limbs and created a visual hologram before it, made of multiple colors and shapes; some two dimensional and others three dimensional.

The Gree envoy held out an outstretched limb to Tethys, it looked a bit moist to the touch and the skin was smooth and hairless.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys's brows draw together in thought as she tries to make sense of the hologram images. It's confusing, though graceful in an odd mathematical way.

She holds out her hands to accept the object/touch, whatever it is the envoy and the droid are trying to offer.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:24 pm
Tethys's brows draw together in thought as she tries to make sense of the hologram images. It's confusing, though graceful in an odd mathematical way.

She holds out her hands to accept the object/touch, whatever it is the envoy and the droid are trying to offer.
The flesh vibrates sending a tingle up her nerves and the skin and until it resonate inside her ear, first sharp sounds, then dull sounds and then it found the right pitch and words started to form, “Black bisector is one above others. You would term it a form of hero, shapeless and yet full of density and weight. You have achieved more than we perceived through verdant perpendicular, we see victory. Black vertical, this is the best result.”

“Continued silver circular, friendship? What is gained after black vertical is accomplished? If neither gains, then what purpose is the friendship. This shades to the blue vertex. We shall relay this intent, Tethys of the Jedi Order, those who form shapes in the colorless vertical.”

“We offer the shades of orange for your dead, curious practice. When there is no more green, you continue to care even when it is white. That is an odd shape, not equal. We respect that, even if we do not find it purple in color.”

It removes the limb and the vibrations stop.

The droid said, “This is purple vertex, master Jedi.”
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys's brows arc upward in surprise as the unexpected communication...or communion?--whatever it is takes hold. When the Gree withdraws its appendage, it takes her a moment or two to re-orient herself to her more accustomed form of verbal communication. "I think I see now why language has been so difficult between us," she says, smiling slightly (though still looking a bit poleaxed). "I'm glad you are trying to understand us better now, including our feelings for the dead and the still-living. We will keep returning the effort to understand you." She nods.

"If not friendship after we reach black vertical, then... at least peaceful co-existence, with more understanding than before? Both sides will have some time to consider this. Victory will not come overnight, unfortunately." She places her hand over her heart and bows her head slightly in a respectful gesture. "I'll explain your meaning to my peers."

Which she'll do, summarizing any important points that weren't otherwise obvious for the other Sith and Republic citizens present.

--

OOC: it's bedtime and I've had one (1) bourbon, forgive me if I don't re-word the whole thing IC... :lol:

Riss

Post by Riss »

"If I may?" Riss steps forward alongside Tethys. Looking to the woman with the touch of a smile, "I will need your help, Master Jedi. However.. this is a bit of a limb, and I'm uncertain, but perhaps there might be something we can learn by asking this Gree after their dealings with an individual known as the Immortal?" she asks, looking between both beings.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."