The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Katarzyna Panteer

Regrouping (D1, LM)

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

(Open, but also expecting folks)

They'd made it to the beacon, and found others who had been aboard the Republic vessel... as well as Imperials. That certainly made for a tense situation, but for now it seemed to be at least some kind of uneasy truce similarly to how it was with animals around a watering hole in the wild.

Taking off the head-coverings, a faint cloud of heat escaped from her armor's inner heating system, as she assessed their situation and surroundings.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Omandri Rist

Re: Regrouping (D1, LM)

Post by Omandri Rist »

They probably beat him there by a fair clip but eventually Omandri stumbled into the base wrapped in cold weather gear and draped in a large coat against the wind and snow. He was breathing heavy from the exertion and the pain that was slowly blooming from his arm, the crude sling helped but certainly wasn't a long term solution.

He saw a familiar face in the crowd and walked over "Hey stranger." He said his voice both a little pained and exhausted as he unclipped the large backpack and set it on the floor next to him sighing in relief then wincing as the motion jostled the injured limb.

---------------
Suffering the crippled crit (hard), have a physician bag on person that can gives a boost and auto advantage on success
Last edited by Omandri Rist on Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss was nearby, in a conversation with a few faceless Republic individuals before her eye caught sight of Omandri across the crowd. Wasn't too hard since her gaze only had to shift over a little bit from checking in on where Kat was up to and what she was doing. Trying to quicken up her conversation, bringing it to that quick finish as only a seasoned diplomat could, she tucked herself up to stave off the cold and moved quickly across the floor to the pair who were each rather close to her heart.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri saw her coming and did his best to muster a reassuring smile. Though seeing her brought all too real relief to his features.

"Hey Riss." He said in the same tone he spoke to Kat with "Seems you all got through all right."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"At least you're in one piece you-" she said, hand half raised to admonish him for going it alone toward his own ship. However, that hand found pause considering that she and the rest of them didn't quite make it down to the surface any better. With the Rimma finding itself lodged in the ice somewhere she could hardly chastise him too much, wouldn't be fair.

Biting her lip, swallowing that pride down, "Glad you're okay," she huffs, and then finds a seat near the both of them. A crate that wasn't currently being used that had been unloaded from one of the ships that did make it down and pushed out of the way so that space could be better used otherwise. With the air of presence this group had, they could probably get away with murder but Riss was pleased enough with just getting away with taking up a slightly undue amount of space for the trio.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

"Oh, thank the Force, Omandri, you made it." There was a great sense of relief in Kat's voice, and she reached out to hug the bundled up man. "The Force was with us even as we crashed. We got through it with only minor bumps and bruises... though the Rimma will have to be recovered."

Having now gotten over the initial relief that he was alive, she managed to get a better look at him. "Are you injured?"
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Riss wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:39 pm
Biting her lip, swallowing that pride down, "Glad you're okay," she huffs, and then finds a seat near the both of them.
He smiled as warmly as the frigid environment would allow "You too." Was the simple but meaningful reply.
Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:12 pm
"Oh, thank the Force, Omandri, you made it." There was a great sense of relief in Kat's voice, and she reached out to hug the bundled up man. "The Force was with us even as we crashed. We got through it with only minor bumps and bruises... though the Rimma will have to be recovered."

Having now gotten over the initial relief that he was alive, she managed to get a better look at him. "Are you injured?"
As Kat hugged him Omandri hissed with pain but chuckled "Glad you all made it ok. I wasn't quite so lucky." He said shrugging off his overcoat putting the sling in full view "Humerus fracture. Ironic cause it's not very funny." He said weakly
Last edited by Omandri Rist on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat winced at the joke... or the fact that Omandri had walked all this way with such a severe injury. "Why do I have the feeling you've been thinking of that joke on your way here?" she said dryly, even if she was relieved enough that he was functional enough to make such jokes.

"Let see what we can do... even with the dire circumstances we're in."

She'd at least had a cleaner, and more importantly a warmer, place to do this kind of treatment before. Though even with Omandri's directions, it would take some time before this injury would be healed. It would need to be looked after more. Preferably in better conditions.

----------

D1 LM. Medicine/Intellect to heal Omandri's critical injury (Hard). Omandri's assist (Medicine skill). Omandri's physician's kit +1B. Depleted penalties. Player destiny.: 3eP+2eA+1eB+3eD+2eC 2 failures, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

D1 LM. Medicine/Intellect to heal Omandri's critical injury (Hard). Correct difficulty pool now: 4eD+1eC 6 failures, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImage

Net: Absolute Failure, but 1 Advantage (heals 1 Strain for Omandri), and... something with Triumph? Maybe upgrade for next attempt to fix the Critical Injury?

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He chuckled, some warmth returning now that they at least had shelter from the howling winds and snow "had to have something to concentrate on. The scenery was dreadfully boring." He quipped as she prepared to try and set the bone.

He did his best to give directions but his mind still swimming a bit finally after a shout they had done all they could for now. They at least had a proper sling that was better than some torn cloth.
Riss wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:39 pm
-Snip-
He smirked to Riss breathing heavily through the pain "I think you'll have to wait for any shirtless pirate punching."

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss groans overdramatically at that mention, rocking her head back and throwing her hands up in the air. Crossing those same arms over her chest she pouts, "What was even the point of coming to Hoth then???" she asks, incredulously. Despite the rather well-done play of it all she couldn't help herself but let her little smirk shine through when she looked at either of them directly.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

"I'm sorry we'll have to make do with this now." It seemed uncertain if she directed that comment to the current state of Omandri's injury, or Riss' predicament of not having any shirtless pirates around.

"There seems to be some locals not far from this base though," Kat glanced between her two friends. "Maybe tomorrow, we could try talking with them? See if we might be able to trade with them... learn more about the pirates?" It seemed she was trying to pick up something for Riss to do, as she knew Riss liked the job of talking with people.

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Now that they were done messing with it the pain from the limb was fading to a dull roar rather than sharp agony.

He nodded to Kat with a smile "If being a medic taught me anything its that we make due with what we can in the field. The bones are set and it's properly immobilized, can't ask for much more given the surroundings."

He straightens "mind helping with my coat?" He asks gesturing to the black over coat he previously had draped over his shoulders.

Once situated He sat down heavily near where Riss had looking between them both "So did you all have an eventful trip back? Or just a casual stroll admiring the scenery?"

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

"Of course," Kat didn't need to be asked twice to help Omandri get the coat on. He'd need all the warmth he could get in this place.

"Uneventful trip for us, apart from the crash-landing. Aurilie is truly an unmatched survivalist, and found us a safe and direct path to this base. We'll have to head out as soon as possible to retrieve the Rimma... that kolto tank that Duke Thul installed for the expedition will be vital in the coming days I feel, as I don't think you're the only one who suffered injuries on the way down."

And the ships might be better sleeping arrangements than this frozen base as well. "What about you? I hope you avoided any dangers on the way?"

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He nodded in thanks to Kat as the coat settled over his shoulders helped insulate from the cold air "that's good" a look of perhaps shame came over his features "I came across a few people in the wastes, couldn't be sure if they were pirates or not. I snuck past them. If they were survivors I hope they made it back ok." His eyes darted to the side briefly before coming back to Kat "Needed to make sure I made it back, be able to help if we had people missing."

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

Her eyes met his, reassuring and warm still. "You did the right thing." She knew she herself would've done something as stupid as taking the chance, but that was what she expected of herself as a Jedi - she did not hold the expectations of others to be selfless in the same way. "We'll arrange search parties, alright, once we have this place more secured so we know it's safe to bring survivors here and we got more of a headcount of volunteers for search-and-rescue."

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri nodded the brief presence of emotion on his face pushed away "I'll join in on those as soon as this is dealt with." He said shrugging the injured arm "for now I'll do what I can around the base to get things up and running."
Last edited by Omandri Rist on Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"And I-" she jumps in, leaning heavily on Kat's shoulder now that all was said and done there. "Will be making sure everyone knows they can go to another doctor if they get to antsy around Omandri here while he's wounded. Can't have people treating the duke of Rist poorly after all," she adds, touching in a smile that betrayed the fact to the two of them that she almost definitely had a different reason for it.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat chuckled, giving a small shake of her head. She did appriciate the lightening of the mood. "I'm hardly qualified for the title of doctor like the good duke is. But I will help out where I can."

The princess-consort looked to the countess and the duke, evidently relieved to have them both here, safe and sound - or as much as one could be on this planet in these circumstances. "We'll get through this, succeed in our mission, and return home. I have faith in us all. Tomorrow we'll see if we can recover the Rimma and the Whisper. Ships can provide some power to this place, I think, and the Rimma's medical bay will be much needed. We can use my thranta to look for the ships."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Sounds great. I-.." she purses her lips, looking out across all the people that were here. Was this a whisper of a conscience creeping in? It certainly didn't feel good to want to mention it, knowing what would likely happen. "We'll take care of that tomorrow, or soon as it's needed hmmm? I'll be happy to see the 'ol girl back. If only Dryden could see her now," she laughs the laugh of a woman who is all too satisfied with the idea that she screwed over her ex.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

The mention of an old ex of Riss', and not just any ex either, made Kat wince somewhat. "I swear, if that particular slimeball is on this planet... then truly it is a small galaxy."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"If that particular slimeball is still breathing then it truly is a kriffed up galaxy," she says, on a suddenly more serious note. That tone of disgust not hiding whatsoever as a little phlegm invades the sound of her voice. Glancing off toward the big room with bodies moving about she did find herself lost a moment in that thought.

What was Dryden up to these days anyway?
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."