The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Luth Khalan

[D1 EE] Deeper Mysteries (Open)

Post by Luth Khalan »

She had a few hours to spare and a task from her Master. The mysteries of her vision and what was happening in the force wouldn't wait for them to settle into Echo Base. At least the cold wouldn't distract her with her armor on, and she could shut the clatter out of her mind at this point. Almost ten years of practice... and of the Force blackjacking her with visions whenever it felt like it... hadn't gone to waste.

She found a semi-private hidden spot to tuck herself away for meditation, tapping into the eddies of the Force. Surely, now that they had arrived at this "coincidence", there was more to be found.

Force Check: Foresee - Looking deeper into the disturbance in the Force: 2eF 2 Dark Side
ImageImage

The visions were elusive, more than usual... The clattering noise around her irritating. But she was stronger than that. She would wrest the information from it with force if that's what it demanded. She concentrated on the elusive whispers of vision, her hands tightening into fists. Her fingernails would have bitten into her hands if she wasn't wearing gloves.

[Flipping 1 Destiny and taking 2 strain to use the Dark Side pips; spending one to get the vision, and the second for greater detail]
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Dapper Dog

Re: [D1 EE] Deeper Mysteries (Open)

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Discipline check at Average, add two boost for use of two dark pips.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

It was almost there... She couldn't keep ahold of it.

Discipline - Looking deeper into the disturbance in the Force: 2eA+2eB+2eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

A man's voice rich and deep whispered, "The future is not a river..."
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

She straightened at the sound of the man's voice. Her instinct was to look around, but she knew better than to think that would find anything. Instead, she focused on it, hoping to get anything more. "The future is not a river, hmm...?"

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

"Making much headway, my Lord," Draahg said lingering the shadows.
Sith Lord | Cold | Distant | Warrior | Handsome Stranger | Dark Side Mystic | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Lord Draahg wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:02 pm
"Making much headway, my Lord," Draahg said lingering the shadows.
She straightened, stretching before leaning back against a wall. "A little. I heard a voice. Better than nothing."

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

"Did it have the wisdom you were seeking?" he asked.
Sith Lord | Cold | Distant | Warrior | Handsome Stranger | Dark Side Mystic | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"A piece of it, perhaps," she mused, shrugging. "I will need to dig deeper to make sense of it. Perhaps Darth Baras has insight on what was said."

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

"Congratulations by the by, well deserved. Even more so when you eclipse him," he responded.

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

A beat of silence passed between them that was definitely not her forgetting that people can't see a raised eyebrow through her helmet. Being congratulated on the new title felt almost as strange as wearing it. "Thank you. I suppose I've come far from the terrified girl who left Bankor. Eclipse him, hmm?" It was a decidedly neutral but curious response. Where had that come from?

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

He turned on his heels and walked deeper into the ruined works of the base.

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

She tilted her head curiously and followed, not sure if her wanted her to after that mysterious exchange. Things were only getting stranger.

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:53 pm
She tilted her head curiously and followed, not sure if her wanted her to after that mysterious exchange. Things were only getting stranger.
Once away from the main common area he said, “You are closest to the man, and best poised to seize his network. Besides he fears you, fears what you could become.”

“Surely you see it.”

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Lord Draahg wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:06 pm
Once away from the main common area he said, “You are closest to the man, and best poised to seize his network. Besides he fears you, fears what you could become.”

“Surely you see it.”
"I have seen that he fears, but it's not a fear I understand. Become what? Just another powerful Sith is a predictable enough threat. One that you pose as much as I do." For all that the future came upon her, her own destiny was always vague and distant. Or maybe she simply had avoided looking at it. She shook her head.

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

"Every Master is destroyed by their best student, that is the Sith way," he responded.

"I can help you."

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Lord Draahg wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:27 pm
"Every Master is destroyed by their best student, that is the Sith way," he responded.

"I can help you."
She was tempted to argue, as she had with Syl, but pressed her lips together instead. Even Baras had claimed she would eventually be so. There was no point in the discussion even if she trusted Draahg enough to show that kind of weakness.

"How do I know that this isn't some test of loyalty?" She asked. Paranoia, at least, was a Sith trait she had picked up with alacrity. Not being paranoid around her Master was a death sentence. "Why would you want to do this?"

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

“Surely I would be given a position worthy of me in your new regime for supporting you. I have languished but now we have a golden opportunity, he is surrounded by people that have already tried to kill him… surely we could goad any number of them to do the deed and then we finish the job,” he said honestly.

“For now, simply think about it. This could be your moment, the future flows before us like a river and its current will take us to the greatest heights.”

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"I will consider it," she replied, tone serious.

The future is not a river...

"But the future isn't a river. It's..." She groped internally for a metaphor for her conception of the future that she'd gathered. The right one niggled at the back of her consciousness and she grasped it. "... it's an ocean more vast than most people can conceptualize. Vast and treacherous. Don't let a good current make you overconfident."

"We'll speak again. For now... I have a lot to think about."

She nodded to him and

/exits